BCS (Battery Control Systems)'
A powerful, simple solution for wired control systems.
Until now, battery operated controllers had limited battery life, distance, and reliability. Everything changes with the BCS'.
Designed under the auspices of the U.S. Department of
Energy, the BCS' provides longer battery life than any other battery
powered controller and the ability to operate valves up to five miles
The BCS' uses technology similar to the telegraph to send extremely low current DC pulses to valves that can be miles away. At the valve the patent pending BCS' module (not a decoder) opens and closes the valve with a single positive or negative pulse from the controller. Besides incorporating proven telegraph and telephone principles, battery operation virtually eliminates electrical safety concerns - in addition to lightning-induced controller failures common to conventional controllers.
The BCS' uses function selector programming.
U.S. Patent No. 6,154,354
The patented BCS' controllers are so energy efficient that the supplied lithium batteries power the electronics for 10 years and the valves for up to 5 years.
With BCS' reliability, simplicity, and power, you can set it and forget it anywhere in this new world of control!
The controller shall be a strictly battery operated multi-station unit (batteries included). It shall be capable of operating a valve 5 miles away using 14 gauge wire. The control system shall be recognized U.S. Department of Energy for its energy efficiency.
BCS' Features and Advantages:
1. Five and ten station models (plus pump and master valve).
2. Up to ten year electronics and five year battery life (batteries included).
3. Five mile valve operating distance with 14 gauge (1.6 mm) wire.
4. Functions and stations rotary switch programming.
5. Self powered removable panel for programming at a convenient location.
6. Two independent programs, four starts per day per program.
7. Automatic, semi-automatic, and timed manual operation.
8. Water budget function in 10% increments from 10-200%.
9. Valve test function.
10. Watering based on days of the week or interval of days.
11. Rain delay function up to 99 days.
12. Watering up to 23 hours and 59 minutes in one minute increments.
13. Adjustable delay between stations.
14. Powder coated outdoor metal case with lock. Pedestal mounting capability.
15. Long life battery operation allows installation anywhere in the world.
16. Swing out front panel with quick connect output terminal for easy servicing with ample wiring space.
17. Easy to read high temperature rated liquid crystal display.
18. Battery operation and open output relay contacts virtually eliminate surge problems .
19. Power failure proof and electrically safe installation and troubleshooting.
20. Pulsed power eliminates burned out coils due to excessive voltage.
21. Optional solenoid module compatible with virtually any two wire latching solenoid.
22. Optional latching relay allows operation of lights, pumps, or other industrial controls.
23. Pulsed DC current eliminates capacitive coupling problems associated with AC powered systems and galvanic copper wire deterioration of steady DC operation.
24. Extremely low power allows use of small gauge multi-conductor cable.
25. Battery life and valve distance operation allows applications in place of AC power controllers.
26. Recognized and supported by the U.S. Department of Energy for energy efficiency.
27. Patented and patent pending design.
28. Competitively priced.
29. Two (2) year warranty.
Electronics current in idle state: 30 microamps
Case size: 8.25 x 7.5 x 5.2 inches, 21.0 x 19.0 x 13.2